Monday, August 4, 2008

Voting time!

No, not for President. (Is anyone besides me totally sick of the election? It has already descended into "I know you are, but what am I?" and "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" territory.) Just help me decide how to decorate my living room. My parents are coming to visit in two weeks (eek! lots to do!) and I want it to look extra-nice.

The first question is about a brass lamp that used to be my grandmother's. Here it is with just the globe, no shade.



I think that looks a little plain. Here it is with the sliced--transparent-seashell shade she used with it.



And here it is with the (tacky but cute?) faux-Tiffany shade I bought for it. Yes, it does look like the lamps at Applebee's. It is one. When the local Applebee's re-decorated, they sold a bunch of their old junk to benefit Riley Children's Hospital. Since I am a food historian, I wanted to memorialize the 80's pseudo-neighborhood fern bar, so I bought one. Is it cool, or just weird?



You vote: which shade? Or should I just pry open my wallet with a crowbar and get a new lamp?

And, you knew it was coming, Your Daily Dachshund Dose:


3 comments:

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Okay, I like the Applebee's faux-Tiffany from the pictures.

J. Denae said...

I like the faux-Tiffany shade too...

elizabeth said...

Me too! It's really, really cool.