Monday, October 22, 2007

Time to pack like crazy!

Yes, it is now time to panic! There is so much left to do. Not just packing, but cleaning the old place, changing utilities, changing addresses, hiring a mover, and probably lots of important stuff that I am forgetting! And I can't really take any time off of work to do it. I was so sick I literally could not stand up two weeks ago, and I missed one day. It was a huge problem to find a sub and give her something to do and then play catch up. It was almost more work than just going to work!And Derek has a hearing on Halloween that will require lots of preparation time, including evenings. I appreciate the hopeful comments people have sent me, but I feel pretty panicky about getting everything done. I suppose some readers might not know that I have fibromyalgia, which causes joint pain and fatigue. When I overdo it, I feel like I was run over by a truck for at least a week. And it doesn't take much for me to overdo things, either. So I worry that I won't just be able to just pull a couple of all nighters to get everything done. (Learn more about fibromyalgia at this site: http://www.fmnetnews.com/basics-symptoms.php)

On a more cheerful note, we have been doing some shopping for our new house. We thought the lawn wouldn't be put in until spring, but here it is. So now we have to buy lawn toys. We got a rake, a hose, a sprinkler, and a little water-gun thing to water flowers (it goes on the end of the hose.) Fun, huh? And we have been window shopping for more stuff.

My Grandmother is giving me her china and a china cabinet to put it all in. We have looked at china cabinets a lot. Most of them are either very dark wood, ornately carved, with gold decorations or really rustic and countrified. I just want a very simple one, in medium oak, that is somewhat smaller than a bus. Apparently this will be hard to find. We have also been looking at rugs (to protect the new carpet in the dining room, of course), a little table to go behind the couch (which will be in the middle of the big room), and a cute little table and chairs for the "breakfast nook." I think the breakfast nook maybe known as "little room with no furniture" for a while. I have had a hard time not buying things on sale, though. Like the cute little fireplace toys (oh, I mean "tools"), light blue guest towels, and American flag I saw last week. All stuff I want but don't NEED, and all on sale. Hide my credit cards!

1 comment:

J. Denae said...

You should start a "new house" wish list on Amazon... you know, as a way to keep track of the things you'd like to have. And also as a hint to people who would probably buy you housewarming gifts.