Wednesday, October 10, 2007

We Exist!!!

So, over the past few weeks we've been paying close attention to whether or not our new house exists.

When I say "exists," obviously our house exists, we've all seen pictures of it and Emilie and I have been wandering around inside it. But the fact that we know it exists doesn't really matter -- the real question is does the internet know the house exists? (It has been quite a pain getting homeowner's insurance quotes when the companies can't even pull up the actual location of our house.)

Well, I checked today on Google Maps, and I'm happy to report that we do, in fact, exist! That will make it much easier for people to get directions to our new house!

Now if the U.S. Postal Service could only figure out that we exist -- we have neighbors moving in within a matter of days and the USPS website still has no record of Meeting House Lane. I guess it may be awhile before we're able to get mail. But I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, you know how all of those federal government agencies are! :)

[And yes, I know that the Postal Service is only a quasi-governmental agency.]

No comments: