Friday, January 11, 2008

A China Cabinet, too


For Christmas, my Grandmother and Mom gave me a china cabinet, to hold my Grandmother's china. She lives in an assisted living center, so she wasn't using it very much. I was supposed to only be getting this for Christmas, nothing else, but it didn't exactly work out that way. (I do love all the books I got, and the clothes, Mommy!) This is the china cabinet. It was very hard to find a china cabinet that wasn't 1. enormous 2. covered in goopy carving and gold stuff 3. really, really pretentious. I suppose the point of a china cabinet is to be slightly pretentious? I think this one was fairly understated. I also like the fact that it has sliding doors. On the top and on the bottom, the doors slide so you don't have to leave as much room in front of the cabinet to open the doors. And there is plenty of space underneath to store less decorative items. There are even two cute little drawers with velvet liners for silverware. I wonder if my silver earrings would tarnish less if I put them in there, since I don't have any actual SILVERware?

2 comments:

J. Denae said...

Wow! That is really beautiful!

The Chocolate Priestess said...

Looks like you are getting the house set up nicely. Sorry we've been so focused on my job search. Once we know something either way, I'll at least have more time. We will be coming to whatever you want to do for your birthday too!