Monday, January 14, 2008

Shameless plug...

Actually, I don't get paid for this, but I am very pleased with my new photo book from Shutterfly. We had a coupon for a free book, and it was quite cool. It is a hard-bound book with your photos printed on glossy pages. You can choose to have a picture printed on the cover, or have a leather-look cover, or a little window on the cover to show a picture on the front page. Then you can arrange anywhere from one to 12 pictures on each page, and type in any captions or comments. There are lots of cute backgrounds and fonts, you could get quite carried away. We made a book about the construction of our house. It sort of looks like a children's book, with lots of pictures and few words. Actually, it would be a neat present for a kid: Johnny likes to read. This is Johnny with his favorite book... I think it would have cost about $20 if we had to pay for it. I might be willing to pay that much for a photo book of a special event, like a wedding or graduation. It was fun to pick out the options and arrange the pictures. I can see why some people like digital scrapbooking, even though I prefer the old cut-and-paste version. I like making a mess, it makes me feel creative!

No comments: