Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pretty in pink



The only room in the house that is mostly unpacked and decorated is the master bathroom. There is also a very pink rug on the floor, which didn't fit in the picture.  It is very hard to photograph a bathroom, it is all funny angles.  This is sort of "my" bathroom, and the front bath is mostly Derek's. So mine is pink and white. His is sort of blue and white, but I have had a hard time finding anything in the right shade of blue, which is sort of like Wedgewood blue. I wanted to match some towels and rugs we already had, but apparently this medium blue color is very un-hip right now. Robin's egg blue, slightly teal, is MUCH cooler. Sigh. Once again, I am behind the times.

The best part of "my bathroom" is the huge tub. Unfortunately, I never seem to have enough time to soak in it as much as I would like.  We finally put up curtains and Derek frosted the window with some stinky spray, so I feel that I can actually undress and take a bath without anyone peeking in.  Let the bubble baths begin!


Now, don't let the pictures of the one tidy spot in the house fool you: we're not all unpacked. Here is a picture of our garage.



We can only get one car into the garage because of all the boxes. Derek has been parking his car in the garage over night. Then, when he leaves at 6 am, he puts my car into the garage so it can thaw out enough to start. I usually don't even have to scrape it, but the frost makes little dribbles in the garage.  Our poor floor is no longer all clean and pretty.  It was nice while it lasted, but I have higher priorities than scrubbing the garage floor.  

Maybe I'll unpack some more this week, after I put away the Christmas decorations . . .

3 comments:

J. Denae said...

Don't feel bad - our Christmas tree is still up! My goal is to get it down before Valentine's day... though Bean thinks we should leave it up and re-decorate it with the seasons!

TemporaryLibrarian said...

For some reason your pictures aren't showing on my computer. That's o.k., I can easily imagine the garage by looking at my own... where I scrape the car in between stacks of stuff and barely can ease the driver's door open to get out.

elizabeth said...

You really do have a fantastic bathroom -- now I want a pink one, too! I think you might be ahead of the trend on your shade of blue. I think Wedgewood blue is an upcoming color, like that iris shade that's supposed to be the trendiest color of 2008.

T.L., have you tried refreshing the page? Sometimes that works.