Friday, July 18, 2008

More silly names!

No, not for the dog. For colors. I am thinking about doing some painting, now that we have our own house and aren't stuck with plain white. Some of the names are more fun than the colors themselves.

I think that the wall over the fireplace would look cool painted in a light red or brick color. It will be in between the dark green curtains. (To see a picture of the plain wall, click here.) Some of the colors have names like Earth Mother (I thought that would be green, but no), Chocolate Cherry, Fire Weed, Sarsparilla, and (very descriptive for classicists) Pompeiian Red. How will I ever make up my mind?



The entryway might be nice in a very light sage green, or maybe celadon. One of the paint colors is called Nature, others are Edamame, Limerick, Caesar Salad, and Beanpole.

I am also so tempted by a pale yellow called Cozy Cottage that I will have to find a place to paint that color. It is pale yellow.

I am not sure Derek will go for it, but I would like to paint the bedroom pale pink, with a white molding at the ceiling. The best name for pink? Baby cheeks.

Dharma registered her preference for Rose Pink by biting a hole in that sample. She does look lovely in pink.

Soft-focus picture of a beautiful puppy, showing her "sad eyes." It is amazing I am ever able to leave the house when she gives me this look!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Ooh, how can you not go for Pompeiian Red?? Just for the name!

The Chocolate Priestess said...

If you need help painting, let me know. I do a decent job of it.