Sunday, November 2, 2008

Behind the scenes


How do we get such cute pictures of Dharma? We take dozens, and usually one of them turns out okay. Here Dharma asks "Is that pumpkin following me?" It was, actually. We kept moving it in an attempt to get a picture of her next to the pumpkin.


She also asks "Is this thing edible?" It is. Or, rather, it will be. When we have our annual Pie Party the day after Thanksgiving. Any readers who want to wrangle an invitation are welcome to contact us. Of course, those of you who have been invited in the past will be invited again. I also take pie requests. I think Dharma is hoping for steak and kidney pie, but that probably won't be on the menu.

And, for our loyal reader in Greenwood, we offer the ultimate in behind-the-scenes shots: Doxie 'Tocks!

I know it's silly, but I think dachshunds have the cutest little rears. And when they walk, they try to take such big steps with their little legs that the whole back end wiggles. Tee-hee. My mom has so many pictures of her two dogs running into the pictures she takes of people that she is thinking of writing a whole book of doggie butt photos. I think she will need a faster camera, to eliminate the tail-moving blur. Which was so masterfully depicted by Balla in this painting:

1 comment:

girl_in_greenwood said...

DOXIE 'TOCKS!!!!! [swoon] She's an extremely cute tootsie roll!