Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pie Preferences

Even if you're not going to be joining us for our pie party, I would still like to know: what is your favorite kind of pie? As a food historian, I am also curious: why is it your favorite, and where did you grow up? So, we'll see if there are regional differences. And I will have lots of good ideas for the pie party.

Left to right: pumpkin, cherry, chocolate pecan, and key lime.

Unfortunately, the survey feature on Blogger is a bit limited. You can choose one of the flavors on the survey at left, above. But to tell me the rest, you will need to post a comment.

One more question: would it be a faux pas to let Dharma wear her Tootsie Roll costume to the pie party, even though Halloween is over?

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

OK, answers! My favorite type of pie is raspberry. Maybe because raspberry pie was the first kind I ever made? I grew up in Bloomington. My favorite pie that I've eaten at your pie party is key lime -- SO DELICIOUS!! And I think a Tootsie Roll costume is very appropriate for a dessert party.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is pecan. I grew up in Wichita but never had pecan pie until I was and adult. Where's the apple?
Tom--Derek's Dad

Cerise said...

If I rename it a dessert party, then I can make cake, too. And the little furry Tootsie Roll will fit right in. But I lose the cool alliterative name.

Cerise said...

My personal favorite is chocolate pecan pie with lots of whipped cream, which some people in the South call Jefferson Davis pie. Can we rename it President Obama pie? He is much yummier, isn't he?

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Goodness, I love all those pies - but I might vote for "Derby Pie" or "Kentucky Pie" which we got when we lived in Louisville. This is a rich cream pie with walnuts and chocolate and sweet thick filling lightly flavored with bourbon. Haven't had it for years.

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Or maybe a Chess pie -- I used to love Chess pie...
(Again from Louisville)

girl_in_greenwood said...

Pumpkin pie is my all-time favorite, although I certainly love the idea of chocolate-pecan as well. If my sweetie were voting, he would request shoo-fly pie. I made it for his birthday one year and it was pretty freaking delicious, even though I thought it was going to put us into a diabetic coma.