Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finally!

On the twelfth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Twelve drummers drumming


Tapping their dainty paws on tiny golden drums.

Actually, her paw is behind the drum. Isn't it a cute little drum? It was part of a somewhat gaudy floral pick from the craft store. It was so tiny, I was afraid she might try to eat it. When we started taking pictures, Dharma got all excited, because she gets treats for posing. And she practices her "sit" and "stay," so it's very educational. I love this picture because you can see the cute little whorl of fur on her chest. Take my word for it, it is a very soft spot to pet when she rolls over on her back and lets you rub her belly.

Behind her, you can see part of our new bookshelf. We got so many books for Christmas that we needed more shelves. (Not that books are a bad thing, not at all!) And my mom is cleaning out her house by filling up mine. So she sent me most of my childhood books, including some Little Golden Books. I remember those fondly. When we went to the grocery store, if I was really, really good, sometimes I got a book. That was way better than candy. So, clearly, I have always been a nerd. Even before I could read.

3 comments:

girl_in_greenwood said...

And I am such a nerd that I enlarged the photo so I could try to read some of the titles on the bookshelf... but all I could make out was a series of college yearbooks.

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Oh I'm sorry to see this cute series come to an end! What will Dharma do next?

Cerise said...

Suggestions for more cute themes? The months of the year, the signs of the zodiac, the decades of the 20th century?