Monday, January 12, 2009

On the 'Leventh Day of Christmas

My true love gave to me
Eleven Pipers Piping
What? You didn't think we'd let her smoke a pipe, did you? How do you get a doxie so interested in a horn-shaped Christmas ornament? With peanut butter, of course.

I know, this series is taking a bit longer than twelve days. Epiphany was the 5th, and that was when the 12 Days of Christmas should have ended. I'm not sure why "having an epiphany" means coming to a sudden revelation. It seems like it should mean something more like "getting a surprise present." Since, of course, that's what Jesus got when the Three Wise Men showed up on Epiphany. Or maybe it should mean "getting a strange and totally impractical present." I mean . . . frankincense? What a great baby gift. Actually, come to think of it, maybe an air freshener IS a good present for a new baby. They CAN be kind of stinky, especially before disposable diapers and plastic trash bags were invented.

It is still the Christmas season, though. To prove it, I present a picture of Dharma getting a slightly delayed Christmas present today. It was a squirrel, from two little doggies she gave cookies. Doggies aren't so big on calendar dates, its more of the thought that counts.

1 comment:

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Let the season continue! I'm with you.