Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dachshund Doppelganger

Dharma here. Today I would like to introduce you to the "other dog" who lives in my house. Some might call him an imaginary friend, but he is real to me. His name is Booger Dog. He is very naughty. I am never naughty, but Booger Dog does all sorts of bad things. He pees on the floor, he chews up Mommy's shoes, he shreds pretty Mommy's belly dance scarf. See, I would never do any of those things. I am a very good little girl.

Sweet, adorable Dharma, being a good puppy.

My parents get confused sometimes, because Booger Dog looks just like me. Except, of course, he's a boy. So they think that it is me doing all that bad stuff. Totally ridiculous, I tell you! Even if you thought you saw me doing something bad, you were mistaken. It was obviously Booger Dog.

Booger Dog, in mysterious silhouette, plotting backyard mayhem.

You can tell, just by looking at me, how innocent and sweet I am, right? I would never do some of the naughty things Booger Dog does. He chews up my nicest toys, he tries to dig holes in the carpet, and he even hides under the bed and refuses to come out.

A rare photo of Booger Dog. See, he's trying to steal Mommy's birthday presents. If the tissue paper wasn't in the way, you could see that he's a boy--and not me!


I tell you, this Booger is giving me a bad reputation. Siblings can be such a pain sometimes!

Editor's note: Booger Dog could not be reached for comment before this story went to press.

3 comments:

Cerise said...

Dharma says: Mommy, where is my halo? It seems to be missing!

TemporaryLibrarian said...

I can see why they get sorta confused...

Cerise said...

Dharma does, in fact, have a litter-mate who is named Goober. Obviously pretty close to Booger. And, yes, Goober is a boy.