Monday, July 25, 2011

Dharma explains. . .

Why dogs are better than cats.

We’ll skip to the top ten reasons, even though there are many more we could mention.

10. There is no such thing as a guard cat. Sure, your cat might attack a burglar, but just for the fun of it. Not to defend you or anything.


Always watching.

9. Cats don’t bark. Doggies bark to warn of danger: fire, robbers, alien invasion, birds in the grass, killer squirrels… If your house were on fire, do you think a little mew would wake you?

8. Our spit is antiseptic. If we lick your wounds, it actually helps you get better. Cats have sandpaper tongues. You don’t want them licking your boo-boo!


Kiss!

7. We do our “business” outside. No kitty litter, no stinky boxes!

6. We may steal your pillow, but we will not try to sleep on your face.

But, Mommy, where are you going to sleep?

5. No claws. No, I do not have claws. Those are toenails, and you need to trim them. A little polish wouldn’t hurt, either.

4. We will walk on leashes. Just try doing that with a cat! And this encourages you to exercise. (You know you need it.)

Faster, Mommy, faster!

3. Have you ever seen an assistive cat? No, a cat would just let you lie there on the floor instead of getting help. He might even sit on you.

I'm not sitting. I'm snuggling.

2. Cats don’t fetch. They have servants to do that for them.

I brought it, now you throw it.

1.Cats expect you to worship them. Doggies worship you. We love you! I actually saw a bumper sticker that said “Lord, please help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.” Such a nice sentiment.

There, I hope that clears up a few things.

No comments: