Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Foreign Exchange Puppy

Dharma here, updating you on our house guest, Maddie. Yes, Derek insists she is a guest, not a family member. Sort of like a foreign exchange student. She will stay here and learn our ways, teach us new things, and then move on.

Don't think Maddie is all cuddles and wiggles. She steals my toys! And then she does the "cute baby puppy" act so well, I can't stay mad at her. I thought I was good with the puppy dog eyes, but she is a master. I think this picture shows her deviousness and determination, don't you?

Charge!

She's cute and she knows it. And she knows how to use it. She has my Mommy wrapped around her little paw.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

What she doesn't know is that she has a appointment with the V-E-T next week. Yep, she is in for a bit of a surprise. Nail trimming, shots, microchipping, and even something my parents call "fixing." I don't understand. Is she broken?

It really irritates me that she gets more food than I do. I know, puppies and their fast metabolism. But she gets two meals a day, and I only get one! And she gets treats for doing the least little thing. The way my parents carry on, you'd think she was pooping rainbows when she "goes" in the backyard. And they don't even get mad when she makes a little puddle inside. It's the magic puppy cuteness, I tell you.

Nobody said she's not allowed on the couch.

But I admit, it has been nice to have someone to play with. And snuggle. She's not allowed in the bed, for some strange reason, but I am. And don't worry, I am still bigger and stronger than she is, so I can always steal my toys right back. Right now I think I will go steal the warm spot she made in my blanket.

No comments: